Oscar Murl Stevens was born around 1917 in Tennessee, the son of Soloman Edward ‘Ed’ Stephens and Cora Jane Broyles. Husband of Merton Eldridge.
He was killed in action. He was initially buried at Gorron – St. Hilaire-Du-Harcouet Cemetery, France and re-buried at Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France, A, 5, 2.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 5 August 1944
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Oscar M. Stevens
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.