Oscar Patrick Cupp was born 7 March 1896, Tazewell, Tennessee to James Cupp and Fannie Elizabeth Snyder.
He was wounded on 14 October 1918 and died the same day at Cormmune, France. He was originally buried at Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne-Sur-Montfaucon, Meuse, France, Grave 84, Sec. 20, Plot 2.
Ford Chapel Cemetery, New Tazewell, Claiborne County, Tennessee, USA
(Per Meuse Argonne cemetery archivist, his body was returned for burial. They believe he is buried in Ford Chapel; from email dated 9 Oct 2012– Bill & Martha Menzel, as noted on Find A Grave)
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 7 March 1896
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: New Tazewell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company K, 6th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Moliere, Frappelle, St. Mihiel, Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Ford Chapel Cemetery, New Tazewell, Claiborne County, Tennessee,
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Oscar P. Cupp
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.