Sgt. Paul A. Anderson, son of Mr. and Mrs. William James Anderson, 1975 Sunflower Road, died Thursday, March 7, 1946, in Lawson General Hospital, Atlanta, GA. Buried at Knoxville National Cemetery.
A leukemia victim, Sgt. Anderson was returned to the United States from the Southwest Pacific Jan. 20 and placed in an Army Hospital. He was never able to come to Knoxville to see his parents. However, they were able to visit him twice before his death.
He attended Rose Avenue Grammar School and was a graduate of Bearden High School. Had served 3 years in Army Medical Corps, 2 and one half years in West Pacific. Member of Middlebrook Pike Baptist Church.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 19 November 1924
- Date of death: 7 March 1946
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Medical Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Paul A. Anderson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.