Paul Everette Humphrey was the son of James Robert Humphrey and Grace Prather. He was a graduate of Maryville High School.
Aircraft B-24 with serialnumber 44-49870 was on a mission to Balikpapan, Borneo on 18 June 1945. The plane lost altitude at take off srom Samar airstrip Atguivan, Samar Island, Philippine Islands, hit the water and exploded. Paul Humphrey is memorialized at Manila American Cemetery.
Pilot, 2nd Lt Michael D. Orisini
Co-Pilot, F/O George D. Russell
Cpl Carl C. Carlson
2nd Lt Paul E. Humphrey
2nd Lt Earnest W. Caldwell
Cpl Robert M. Stiteler
Cpl Robert E. Gwann
Cpl Burke T. Braithwaite
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 15 July 1924
- Date of death: 18 June 1945
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Bomber Squadron, 5th Bomber Group, Heavy
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Paul E. Humphrey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.