Paul Ray Brewer was born in Sevier County, Tennessee, the son of Frank Ross Brewer and Maggie Owens. Husband of Mary Agnes Stellard and father of Barbara Jean Brewer and Paul Ray Brewer Jr.
Died non Battle in Germany
Private Paul R. Brewer enlisted on 19 May 1944 at Camp Shelby in Mississippi.
The Knoxville Journal, March 23, 1945
Killed when a half track on which he was riding missed a Luxembourg bridge and overturned Pvt. Paul R. Brewer died Feb. 24, the War Department has notified his wife, Mrs. P.B. Brewer of New Market.
Surviving by his wife and four children, the former Fulton employe was a Rockey Valley Baptist church member. Other survivors include his father and three sister.
Photo submitted by Elizabeth Finchum
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 October 1918
- Date of death: 24 February 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: New Market
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 56th Armored Infantry Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Friends Station Cemetery, New Market, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Paul R. Brewer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.