Perry David Jollay was born 7 December 1924, Tennessee to Elijah Hunter Jollay and Mattie Hunley McMurry. He entered the service in October, 1944 and completed his basic training at Wheeler Field in Georgia. He died 14 April 1945 of wounds suffered in action in Germany.
PFC Jollay is buried at Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church Cemetery, Talbott, Jefferson County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, May 1, 1945
Pvt. Perry D. Jollay, 20, was killed in action in Germany on April 14, his mother Mrs. E.H. Jollay, 600 North Henry Street, has been notified. Pvt. Jollay, a combat infantryman, was a graduate of Morristown High School. He was employed at Morristown Knitting Mills before entering service. He was the son of the late E.H. Jollay, of Morristown.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 December 1924
- Date of death: 14 April 1945
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 4th Armored Division, 10th Armored Infantry Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church Cemetery, Talbott, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Perry D. Jollay
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.