Charles Edward Pettit married Inez Farmer on 5 February 1944 in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
He was killed in action.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, May 27, 1945
Tech. Sgt. Charles E. Pettit, son of Mrs. James A. Pettit, 2000 Highland Avenue, was killed in Germany, April 15, his family has been notified. His wife, Mrs. Inez Pettit, lives in Oklahoma. Sgt. Pettit enlisted in the Army in September, 1940. He had been in the European theater four months. Besides his mother and wife, he is survived by one sister, Miss Pauline Pettit of Highland Avenue.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 4 August 1922
- Date of death: 15 April 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 341st Infantry, 86th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles E. Pettit
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.