Preston A. Spitzer was born 2 October 1896 to Hampton and Elizabeth Spitzer. He was a farmer and RR employee before entering the service on 5 September 1918 at Camp Wadsworth in South Carolina. He sailed to Europe on September 29, arriving on October 6, 1918. Pvt Spitzer died at Brest, France of bronchial pneumonia on 12 October 1918. He was initially buried at Labezelle in France. He is buried at Speedwell Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery, Bulls Gap, Hawkins County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 October 1896
- Date of death: 12 October 1918
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Bulls Gap
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Speedwell Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery, Bulls Gap, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Preston A. Spitzer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.