Paul Richard Johnson was born in 1920, in Andersonville, TN, the son of Edgar Charles Johnson and Helen Harriett Russell. he was married to Esther (Esper) Lee Cook. His brother Pfc. Fred Johnson died in 1942 and is buried at the Cambridge American Cemetery in England.
MIA WWII. U.S. Army 22 Infantry. Registered 4th Infantry division. WWII Honor Roll. He is memorialized at the Tablets of the Missing at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Liège, Belgium.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of death: 16 September 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Andersonville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Liège, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor R. Paul Johnson