Ralph Henderson Smith was born at Morristown, Tennessee, the son of James Smith and Georgie Johnson.
He Died non Battle
Morristown Gazette Mail, 11 February 1944
Ralph H. Smith, 18, Hamblen county youth, was killed yesterday afternoon by a tank at Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. Details are not known. Young smith is the son of Mr. and Mrs. James Smith of near Alpha. Surviving besides his parents, are three brothers, Ed, Harold and Glenn, at home; and three sisters, Mrs. Bill Ray of Morristown, and Misses Ruth and Edna at home. Young Smith was a member of the Army Engineers. He entered the service with a Hamblen County selective service group about three months ago, and after staying at Camp Shelby, Miss., for four weeks, was sent to Ft. Leonard Wood.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 September 1925
- Date of death: 10 February 1944
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Engineers
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Martha Sunderland Cemetery, Hamblen County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph H. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.