Ray Franklin Bowser was born in Greeneville, Tennessee, the son of George Alexander Bowser and Margaret J Hensley.
He is buried at the Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands, I, 14, 8.
The Greeneville Sun, 28 April 1945
Mr. and Mrs. G.A. Bowser of Afton, Rt. 2 received word from the War Department that their son, Pvt. Ray F. Bowser, was reported killed in Germany April 12. He was in the A.T. Division. His last letter was written the 8th of April. He entered service a year ago this April and sailed in February. Pvt. Bowser was the only child.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 January 1926
- Date of death: 12 April 1945
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Afton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 303rd Infantry Regiment, 97th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ray F. Bowser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.