Private First Class Ray Franklin Stiles was born at Robbinsville, North Carolina on August 12, 1921. The son of Charles Avery Stiles and Inez Louisa Jenkins. He worked as a sales clerk in Blount County, Tennessee prior to joining the military. He enlisted in the military on September 22, 1942 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He was killed in action in France on July 12, 1944. He is buried in Old Mother Church in Robbinsvillle, North Carolina.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 12 August 1921
- Date of death: 12 July 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: p
- Burial/Memorial Location: Old Mother Church, Robbinsvillle, North Carolina
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ray F. Stiles
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.