Raymond Reed Lawing
Born 21 October 1923, Greene County, Tennessee
Died 16 January 1945, Luxembourg
Buried at Mount Tabor Cemetery, Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee
Private First Class Raymond Reed Lawing served with the 673rd Engineer Company. He was returned to the United States in 1949 on the Army Transport Carroll Victory.
Son of Isaac Franklin Lawing and Sarah Francis Ricker. His brother Winston Lawing died on 27 February 1945 at Luzon Island.
The Greeneville Sun, February 16, 1945
Pvt. Raymond Reed Lawing was killed in action on the 16th of January in Luxembourg his wife and his parents, Mr. and Mrs. I.F. Lawing have learned. Pvt. Lawing entered the service on March 12, 1944 and served eight months overseas. He received his basic training at Camp Atterbury, Ind. And was stationed at Camp Campbell, Ky. At the time he received his overseas assignment. He has three brothers in the service and all serving overseas. Pvt. Isaac Carl Lawing is somewhere in Italy, Pvt. Winston Lawing is in the South Pacific and Pvt. Vestal Lawing is in France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 October 1923
- Date of death: 16 January 1945
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 673rd Engineer Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mount Tabor UMC Cemetery, Camp Creek, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Raymond R. Lawing
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.