Richard Elmore was born on 25 April 1921 at Chattanooga, Tennessee to Richard Elmore and Isabella Elizabeth Turner. His father died in 1940 after which his mother remarried with David Patten.
Died non Battle 9 August 1944
Technician Fifth Class
Cavalry School, Fort Riley, Kansas
Tec 5 Elmore died while in the Service at Fort Riley Kansas. Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, X, 14347
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 13 August 1944
Cpl. Richard D. Elmore, 218 West 26th Street, rear, was drowned Wednesday in Fort Riley, Kansas. Survivors: Mother, Mrs. Isabella Elizabeth Patton; stepfather Mr. David Patton; two brothers, Mr. Charles Elmore, Mrs. Coleman Elmore, aunt, Mrs. Alice Ducker, Detroit, Mich.; Mrs. Maggie Davis, Chattanooga, Tenn.; uncle, Mr. Sam Turner, Chattanooga, Tenn., other relatives and friends.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 25 April 1921
- Date of death: 9 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 3700 Quartermaster Truck Company
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Richard D. Elmore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.