Richard Roberson was born at Whitwell, Tennessee on 16 January 1923, the son of Claude Roberson and Lillie Ruthie Payne.
He was Killed in Action 4 July 1944
Buried at Sardis Cemetery, Whitwell, TN
329th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division, Company E
The South Pittsburg Hustler, August 24, 1944
Richard Roberson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Claude Robertson, of Whitwell has been reported killed in action in France July 4. Roberson received his basic traning at Camp Atterbury, Ind., and before entering the service in 1942, he was employed by the Tennessee Products Corporation of Whitwell.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 January 1923
- Date of death: 4 July 1944
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Whitwell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 329th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sardis Cemetery, Whitwell, Marion County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Richard Roberson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.