Robert Cecil Duff was born in Virginia, the son of Robert Cecil Duff and Martha Boyd Tompkins.
He as killed in action during the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
The Bristol Herald Courier, 7 March 1943
Robert Cecil Duff Jr., has been awarded posthumously the Army Purple Heart medal for gallantry in action. His parents, Mr. and Mrs. R.C. Duff, of Elizabethton, Tenn., formerly of Bristol, have been presented the award. Young Duff was serving at Hickam Field in Hawaii when the Japs made the Pearl Harbor attack on Dec. 7, 1941. His death occurred during the attack.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 July 1917
- Date of death: 7 December 1941
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 18th Army Air Corps Bomber Wing
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Pearl Harbor
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Union Cemetery, Leesburg, Loudoun County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert C. Duff
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.