Robert Cruse Melton
Born 26 February 1916, Tennessee
Died 16 November 1944, Metz, France
11th Infantry, 5th (Red Diamond) Division, H.Q. S. Co., 3rd Battalion
Private Robert Melton was killed by a land mine.
Son of John Edgar Melton and Bonza Ethein Garrett
Map shows the location of the battle of Metz and the location where Robert C. Melton was killed. General Patton later commented that he wanted the troops to get blooded in this battle.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 26 February 1916
- Date of death: 16 November 1944
- County: Monroe
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fellowship Cemetery, Oakley, Overton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert C. Melton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.