Robert Brewer was the son of Lewis Montgomery (Akin) Brewer and Lula Naomi (Oma) Wilson.
Private First Class Robert L. Brewer was assigned to the 135th Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division. At the time of his death the 135th IR was assaulting the Gothic line north Of Florence Italy attempting to get to the Po Valley. PFC Brewer died of wounds received on 21 September 1944. He is interred at G,5,6, Florence American Cemetery, Florence, Italy.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 30 June 1922
- Date of death: 21 September 1944
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 135th Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert L. Brewer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.