Robert Lee Crane was born on 20 May 1924 at Chattanooga, Tennessee, the son of Robert Walter Crane and Minnie Lee Allen.
Died 8 August 1945
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 383
Private First Class
167th Infantry, 31st Division, Company B
PFC Crane was initially buried at the USAF Cemetery, Leyte #1, Philippines.
The Chattanooga Times, August 30, 1948
Funeral services for Pfc. Robert Lee Crane, 21, son of Mrs. R.W. Crane, 2117 Foust Street, will be held at the Edgewood Baptist Church. He was killed Aug. 9, 1945 on Mindanao Island in the Philippines. Before entering the service he attended Central High School and later was employed by the Chattanooga Glass Company. Other survivors are his siters, Mrs. O.C. Bates, Apison, Tenn., and grandmother, Mrs. M.J. Allen, Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 20 May 1924
- Date of death: 9 August 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 167th Infantry, 31st Division, Company B
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert L. Crane
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.