Robert Mosby Allen was born at Covington, Kentucky, the son of Benjamin Mosby Allen and Elizabeth B. Strickrod.
Buried at the Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France (Plot l, Row 9, Grave 36)
“Drew 3” was a US Navy unit that operated the Mulberry Harbor off Gold Beach. This was Mulberry B as Mulberry A was destroyed in a storm in June.
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Mosby Allen, 607 Hickory Street, Clinton, TN.
Clinton Courier News, September 7, 1944:
Robert Mosby Allen, Aviation Ordinanceman, 3/c, U.S. Naval Reserve, has been listed among the Naval dead. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Mosby Allen, Clinton. Further details concerning his death have not been learned.
Photo Courtesy of Theresa Parker and Robin Webber
- Rank: Aviation Ordnanceman Third Class
- Date of birth: 16 February 1924
- Date of death: 4 August 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: Drew 3
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert M. Allen
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.