Robert Maloy was born in Parrotsville Tennessee to John A. and Amanda Maloy. He enlisted in the regular army September 21, 1917, and was assigned to Company A, 6th Engineers, 3rd Division. He trained at Camp Gordon, GA, and Camp Jackson, SC, going overseas in March 1918. He was killed at the Second Battle of the Marne, July 16, 1918, in the counter-offensive of Marshal Foch against the Germans. He died at the age of 24.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 August 1890
- Date of death: 16 July 1918
- County: Cocke
- Hometown: Parrottsville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 6th Engineer Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Second Battle of the Marne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fere-en-Tardenois, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert Maloy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.