Robert Willie Callahan was the son of Jack Callahan and Coria B. Callahan.
Pvt Callahan was returned from Guadalcanal Cemetery, Solomon Islands. He is buried at Honolulu Memorial, Hawaii, Plot N, Grave 61
Mother: Mrs. Coria B. Callahan, 712 Cedar Street, Chattanooga.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 17 January 1943
Mrs. Cora B. Cook, 21½ Market Square, reported she had been notified of the death of her son, Pvt. Robert W. Callahan, United States Marine Corps. The 17-year-old marine’s father is Jack Callahan, Rome, Ga. Callahan was last heard from in the South Pacific and is believed to have met his death there.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 June 1923
- Date of death: 23 November 1942
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Guadalcanal
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert W. Callahan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.