Roger December Scarbrough was the son of James Lee Scarbrough and Ferbie “Ella” Watkins. He enlisted on 11 May 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He was killed in action in France.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, 18 September 1948
Pfc. Roger D. Scarbrough was killed in action in the ETO May 19, 1944. He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Lee Scarbrough, 306 Poplar St., Lenoir City, Tenn.; brothers, Richard, Lenoir City and Raymond, Hickory, N.C.; sisters, Mrs. Reecie French, Oak Ridge, Mrs. Ruby Copeland, Knoxville, Mrs. Roma Rollins, Chattanooga, Ruth Scarbrough and Mrs. Reoni Wilcox of Lenoir City.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 31 December 1923
- Date of death: 19 November 1944
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roger D. Scarbrough
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.