Roger Wesley Gunn was born in Crawfordville, Georgia, the son of Roger Watson Gunn and Ruby Corinne Davis.
Aviation Metalsmith 1st Class Roger Wesley Gunn #6415284 joined the US Naval Reserves in November 1942. He served on the U.S.S. Belleau Wood and was transferred to the U.S.S. Enterprise (VF-6) on 9 December 1943 for temporary duty. He served with VF-3 and aboard the USS Hancock CV-19.
He was lost at sea on the 23rd of August 1945. Memorialized at the Honolulu, HI Memorial.
Awards include American Campaign Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and World War II Victory Medal.
- Rank: Aviation Metalsmith 1st Class
- Date of birth: 7 March 1913
- Date of death: 23 August 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Red Bank
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Hancock CV-19
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: American Campaign Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and World War II Victory Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roger W. Gunn
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.