Roy Lee Fisher was the son of William Joseph Fisher and Cornelia June Helton. He died in California.
The Knoxville Journal, 2 February 1953
PFC. Roy Lee Fisher, US Marine Corps, died in a naval hospital in california Jan. 29. The body will arrive in Bull’s Gap Feb. 4. Survivors: wife, Mrs. Stella Marie Fisher, Laurel, Md.; mother and father, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Fisher, Persia, tenn.; three sisters, Paralee, Annie and Ruth Fisher; four brothers Carl, June, Odell and Harry, all of Persia.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 6 April 1932
- Date of death: 29 January 1953
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Persia
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Conflict: Korean War
- Burial/Memorial Location: Harrison Cemetery, Rogersville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy L. Fisher
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.