Roy M. Satterfield was born in 1918, son of Roy Lee Satterfield and May McNish. He entered the service on 16 October 1939. He married Louise Bernardine Humphreys on 30 December 1943 in Missouri. At the time of his marriage he was stationed at Camp Crowder in Missouri.
Buried at Luxembourg American Cemetery in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
H, 15, 14
Staff Sgt. Roy M. Satterfield, husband of Mrs. Louise Satterfield, 204 Eleventh Street, was killed in Luxembourg on Feb. 16. Sgt. Satterfield had been in service six years. He served 18 months in the Canal Zone and had been in the European theater five months. Besides his wife, he is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Roy Satterfield, 225 Scottish Pike; a daughter, Sheila Ann, 6 weeks old; four sisters, Mrs. Julin Shultz, Mrs. Virginia Allen, Helen and Williemae Satterfield, all of Knoxville.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of death: 16 February 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 285th Engineer Combat Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Luxembourg American Cemetery, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy M. Satterfield
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.