Samuel Oscar Shoemake answered the call to the colors in May 1918. His organization was Battery C, 53rd U.S. Field Artillery. Received his military training at Camp Travis and Camp Stanley, Texas. At Camp Stanley Private Shoemake died February 2, 1919 of septicemia general.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 September 1896
- Date of death: 2 February 1919
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery C, 53rd Field Artillery
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Rocky Hill Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Samuel O. Shoemake
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.