Silas Marion Price Jr. was the son of Silas Marion Price and Mary Livia Russell. He was born in 1924 in Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee, and was a Private.
He was Killed in Action, August 7, 1944. He was initially buried at Marigny Cemetery at Saint-Lo, France and reburied at Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France.
Rogersville Review, September 14, 1944:
Pvt. Silas M. Price Jr., age 20, son of Mr. and Mrs. Silas Price of Rogersville, Rt. 1, was killed in France August 7, 1944. He had served two months overseas. He entered service November 17, 1943 and took most of his training at Camp Croft, S.C. Before entering service, he was employed at Baltimore, Md. He was a member of the Choptack church. He is survived by his parents, 5 sisters, Mrs. Arthur Bulock, New Haven, Conn., Eloise, Mary Lou, Delois and Marie, all of Rogersville; 2 brothers, Pvt. Pierce Price of Alabama and Clarence of Kingsport. His father is a veteran of the first World war.
His draft card (see below) indicates he was born in Knoxville, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 21 April 1924
- Date of death: 7 August 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Rogersville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 39th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Barbara DeZuani
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.