Sims Arbron Rowland was the son of Sims Pierce Rowland and Ada Cassie Maddox. He was married to Iva M. Mosier and father of Mary Frances Rowland, Joyce Rowland and David Sims Rowland. He enlisted at Camp Shelby, Mississippi and was killed in action North of Hambach, Germany.
He is buried at Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands, C, 9, 11
The Commercial Appeal, 24 March 1945
Mrs. Iva Rowland has been informed that her husband, Pvt. Sims Arbron Rowland, was killed Feb. 24 in Germany. A native of Covington, Tenn., he had lived in Memphis 23 years. Before entering the service in April 1943, he was employed by Oliver-Finnie Co. He leave three children, Mary Frances, Joyce and Davis Sims Rowland, all of 644-J Somerville; his mother, Mrs. Ada Rowland, 190 Poplar, and a brother, Ernest Rowland of the Poplar address. He was a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 December 1909
- Date of death: 24 February 1945
- County: Hawkins
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Sims A. Rowland
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.