Pvt. Stephen (also Steven) Caywood Allison was born on August 11, 1887 in Birchwood, Tennessee, the son of James W. and Nancy A. Allison. His siblings included sisters Melissa, Martha, Ethel, and Nancy, and brothers James, Thomas, and John. Raised in a farming family, Pvt. Allison served his country in World War I in Company C, 11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division. He was killed in action while fighting along the Meuse River, France on November 7, 1918. He is buried at the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, in Romagne, France (plot B, row 22, grave 6,).
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 August 1887
- Date of death: 7 November 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Birchwood
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Mihiel, Meuse
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Stephen C. Allison
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.