Pfc. Theodore Leroy Watson was born in Monroe County, Tennessee, son of Jack R. Watson and Rebecca Moser.
117th Inf, 30 Div, 1st Army Co. F
Mr. J.R. Watson has been notified by telegram that his son, Pfc. Theodore L. Watson, who was killed in action in Germany on April 3, 1945, is being returned from Holland.
Theodore entered the service on Dec. 9, 1943, and received his basic training at Fort McClellan, Ala., and Breckenridge, Ky., reporting for overseas duty in September, 1944, with Co. F., 117th Inf., 30th Old Hickory Division.
He was a member of Notchey Creek Baptist Church.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 August 1925
- Date of death: 3 April 1945
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Madisonville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Notchey Creek Cemetery, Madisonville, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Theodore L. Watson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.