Thomas Glenn Sisson
Died at the age of 22.
168th Infantry, 34th Infantry Division
Served in the European Theater of Operations, recipient of the Purple Heart, among others. Killed while in Italy.
Enlisted on February 12, 1943, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Parents: Frank and Ella Sisson
Siblings: Lucila Sisson, Cecil Sisson, Leona Sisson, Ada Sisson, and Dorothy Sisson
Funeral services were held September 28, 1948, at Oakwood Church of God with burial in Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 March 1922
- Date of death: 27 January 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 168th Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas G. Sisson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.