William Augustus (Guz) Thompson was born on 1 November 1930 in Lenoir City, Loudon, Tennessee to James Cannon and Ruth Thompson.
Private First Class Thompson was a member of Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was listed as Missing in Action while fighting the enemy in Korea on December 19, 1950. He was presumed dead on December 31, 1953. He is memorialized at the National Korean War Veterans memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 November 1930
- Date of death: 31 December 1953
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 31st Infantry Regiment HQ CO 1 BN
- Theater: Location Or Battle Zone: Hamhung - Hungnam
- Conflict: Korea
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: MIA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Thompson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.