Thurber McConkey was born in 1896 in Monroe County, Tennessee. He entered service on September 2, 1918 at Madisonville, Tn. He died at Base Hospital #8 at Savenay in France.
Thurber McConkey, a son of the late Newton Alexander McConkey and Cornelia Alice Snider, of this place, died a soldier some weeks ago of pneumonia fever in 1918. This young deceased soldier was carrying a life insurance policy for $10,000, which now goes to one of his brothers who will receive the money in installments of $27.50 per month.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 29 September 1896
- Date of death: 13 October 1918
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Mount Vernon
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery E, 5th Field Artillery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Eleazar Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thurber McConkey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.