Tommie Marshel Harden was born on 12 September 1921 at Chattanooga, Tennessee to William Hugh Harden and Alice Harmon.
He died on 15 July 1944
Buried at Greenwood Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
Tommie M. Hardin of Rt 2, Chattanooga, Tennessee served in the 134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Division, Company A in the European Theater.
The Chattanooga Times, May 24, 1948
Military funeral rites will be conducted for Pvt. Tommie M. Harden, who was killed in France July 15, 1944 at the United Church of God. Burial, with military rites, will be in Greenwood Cemetery.
Pvt. Harden is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Harden; seven sisters, Mrs. Mary Elder, Mrs. Ruth Elder, Mrs. Lennia Elder, Misses Frances, Marine and Betty Harden all of Chattanooga and Mrs. Alfred Harden, Ooltewah, Tenn.; three brothers, Johnny Harden and Winston Harden, of Chattanooga, and Hutie Harden of Decatur, Tenn.; one aunt, Mrs. Johnny Waller of Chattanooga. The body will arrive in Chattanooga this afternoon and will remain at the Cosmopolitan Funeral Home until the hour of the service.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 September 1921
- Date of death: 15 July 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Tommie M. Harden
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.