Troy William Cope was the son of William Arnold Cope and Janie Patty. He was killed in action during combat in the Huertgen Forest Area.
The Knoxville Journal, 24 March 1949
Pfc. Troy W. Cope, 24, of Townsend, Route 1, was killed in action September 16, 1944, while serving with the 39th Infantry in Germany. Survivors; parents, Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Cope, Townsend; five brothers, Carley, Lloyd of Maryville; Paul, Oscar and Kenneth, Townsend; four sisters, Mrs. Willard Kirkland, Maryville; Mrs. Ernest webb and Misses Ella Mae and Lena Cop, Townsend.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 28 February 1920
- Date of death: 16 September 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Tuckaleechee
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Huertgen Forest
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Burns Cemetery, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Troy W. Cope
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.