Venis todd was born on 19 April 1919 in Kentucky, the son of John C. Todd and Dora Hayes.
He Died non Battle 3 October 1944
Buried at Pleasant View Cemetery, Pleasant View, KY
511th Fighter Bomber Squadron, 405th Fighter Bomber Group
T/Sgt Todd died in France.
The Knoxville Journal, 14 January 1949
The body of Technical Sgt. Venis Todd, killed in action in France Oct. 3, 1944, will arrive today in Jellico, where funeral services will be held at the Jellico Methodist Church. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. John C. Todd, 824 Hoitt Street. The present Mrs. Todd is his stepmother. The young sergeant is also survived by a brother Orville Todd and a step-brother Daniel Ausmus, also of Knoxville, and his former wife, Mrs. Mildred Davis.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 19 April 1919
- Date of death: 3 October 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Jellico
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 511th Fighter Bomber Squadron, 405th Fighter Bomber Group
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant View Cemetery, Pleasant View, KY
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Sharon & Ray Todd Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.