Private Walter Crisp was born on April 18, 1896 in Friendsville, Tennessee. He was the son of Winnie T. Humphreys and the stepson of James S. Humphreys. He had one sister, Eva B. Crisp, and one step-brother, Thomas J. Humphreys.
Private Crisp served in Company D, 165th Infantry, 42nd Division. He was killed in action October 15, 1918. He is buried in Knoxville National Cemetery (Plot 17-B, 3709). He was initially buried at the American Cemetery Argonne, Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, Meuse in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 April 1896
- Date of death: 15 October 1918
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Friendsville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 165th Infantry Regiment, 42nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Patricia Dietrich
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.