Walter Edgar Wells was born in Loudon, Tennessee to Walter Martin Wells and Louella McNabb.
Died December 24, 1944, in Holland, The Netherlands
Burial: New Providence Baptist Church Cemetery, Loudon, Loudon County, TN
The Knoxville Journal, February 1, 1945:
Cpl. Walter E. (Bill) Wells, 21, a paratrooper, has been missing in action in Belgium since Dec. 24, parents Mr. and Mrs. Walter M. Wells, Route 3, Loudon, have been notified. Corporal Wells went overseas last July, and has seen service in England, France, Holland and Belgium. His brother Fireman Second Class Ralph Wells, is confined to a Naval hospital.
Photo Courtesy: Truman Bratelli
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 26 April 1923
- Date of death: 24 December 1944
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Loudon
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 508th Parachute Infantry, 82nd Airborne Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Providence Baptist Church Cemetery, Lenoir City, Loudon County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: John B. Romeiser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.