Walter Huskey was born 25 October 1886, Cocke, Tennessee
He died non Battle 28 July 1943
Captain Huskey was a retired Army Officer. He died at a hospital on Kingston Pike, Loudon County, Tennessee of Coronary occlusion.
The Knoxville Journal, July 29, 1943
Capt. Walter Huskey, 56, retired army captain, died Wednesday at his home, Martel, Tenn. He was a member of West View Baptist Church and Avery Masonic Lodge, Lenoir City.
Survivors: widow, Mrs. Bertha Mays Huskey; daughters, Mrs. John Shipley, Misses Dorothy and Mildred Huskey, Martel; Mrs. Phil Frazier, Knoxville; sons, Lt. E.C. Huseky, Fort Knox, Ky., Pfc. Benj. Huskey, Garden City, Kansas; brothers J.H. High Shoals, N.C., Louis, Bartlett, Texas; William Newport, Tenn.; T.W., Knoxville; sisters, Mrs. Rhoda McMillan, Mrs. Harrison Henry, Newport.
- Rank: Captain
- Date of birth: 25 October 1886
- Date of death: 28 July 1943
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Martel
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter Huskey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.