Walter Joseph Lang was born at Minneapolis, Minnesota, the son of E. Russell Lang and Katherine Kleifgen. Stepson of Egon Lothar Berillon. Husband of Adeline Sophia Tessman.
2nd Lt Lang was killed in action and returned from overseas.
The Minneapolis Star-Journal, June 13, 1945
Memorial mass for Lt. Walter J. Lang, 27, husband of Mrs. Adeline Lang, 3105 Washington avenue N., will be at 9 a.m. at St. Boniface Catholic church. He was killed April 19 in Italy. Son of Mrs. Katherine Berillon, 2123 Grand street NE., Lang entered service in April 1941 and went overseas the following January.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 27 September 1917
- Date of death: 19 April 1945
- County: Carter
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 133rd Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fort Snelling National Cemetery, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter J. Lang
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.