Walter Ray McKinney was born on March 23, 1920, in Morristown, Tennessee, son of John Mack McKinney and Amanda L. (Mandy) Smith. He had three brothers and seven sisters. He was hit and killed on June 2, 1942 by a trailer while hitchhiking in Meridian, Mississippi to his home in Morristown. He was twenty-two.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 23 March 1920
- Date of death: 2 June 1942
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Emma Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter R. McKinney
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.