Warren Harding Bailey was the son of William Jackson Bailey and Rebecca Amanda Kinsey. Husband of Naomi Trotter.
Warren Bailey, aged 24 years, two months and fifteen days, died in Army camp at Amarillo, Texas, of pneumonia on Sunday, Feb. 25. He enlisted in the Army Air Corps eighteen months ago.
The body was to arrive in Sweetwater on Wednesday.
Surviving are his wife and two children, Loudon, his parents, Mary and Mrs. J.W. Bailey, Lakeside, four sisters, Mrs. A.M. Ghann of Chattanooga, Mrs. D.C. Hicks of Sweetwater, Mrs. Harmon McKee of Kincaid, and Mrs. Everett Hashman of Indianapolis, Ind. One sister preceded him to the grave.
He is buried at Sweetwater Cemetery Westview.
Photo Courtesy of Mr. William Wayne Metcalf
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 December 1920
- Date of death: 25 February 1945
- County: Monroe
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sweetwater, Monroe County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Warren H. Bailey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.