Lt Col Wayne Eugene Fullam was shot down 32 miles from Hanoi, parachuted into the trees and has not been heard from since. He was missing in action over North Vietnam. His family believed for many years that he might have been taken prisoner of war.
He remained Missing In Action until 1988 when his remains were returned to his family. While MIA he was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel.
Wayne Fullam attended the University of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
- Date of birth: 9 March 1932
- Date of death: 7 October 1967
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Air Force
- Division/Assignment: 67th Tactical Fighter Squadron
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Silver Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wayne E. Fullam
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.