Weslie Lee Brooks was born on 19 October 1919, Tennessee. Son of Lus Leslie Gilliam Brooks and America Williams. Husband of Naomi Cavins.
Killed in Action 4 November 1944, France
Buried at Bethel Cemetery, Tazewell, Claiborne County, Tennessee
The Hancock County News, 22 June 1949
Pfc. Weslie L. Brooks was born Oct. 19, 1918. He entered the U.S. Army Nov. 26, 1943 and died in action in France Nov. 4, 1944. He professed faith in Christ and joined the Bethel Baptist church where he remained a member until death. Survivors: wife, Mrs. Naomi Brooks, Harrogate; sons, Tommie and Jimmie Brooks, Harrogate; parents, Mr. and Mrs. Leslie Brooks, brother Denton Brooks, Tazewell. Two brothers, Garrette and Devoice Brooks preceded him in death.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 19 October 1918
- Date of death: 4 November 1944
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Tazewell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bethel Cemetery, Tazewell, Claiborne County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Weslie L. Brooks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.