Willard Adkins was born at Hellier, Kentucky, the son of ohn Rueben Adkins and Thelma Gaunt.
He was assigned to Company A, 311th Engineer Company, 86th Division and died at Cologne, Germany.
The Knoxville Journal, Dec. 7, 1948
Staff Sgt. Willard Adkins, age 24, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Adkins, of Philadelphia, Pa., formerly of Eagan, Tenn. was killed in action in Germany, April 14, 1945. He was an employe of Anthras Coal Co. of Anthras, Tenn. Survivors; parents, sister, Mrs. Marylin Radtti; brothers, John Jr., Thomas, Burt and Donald, all of Philadelphia; Curtis and Cleatus of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 19 September 1919
- Date of death: 14 April 1945
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Jellico
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 311th Engineer Company, 86th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jellico Cemetery, Jellico, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willard Adkins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.