Private Willard Fleming was born in Knoxville to Marcus De LaFayette Fleming and Louisa J. Irwin Fleming. He was a member of the 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division, AEF.
He died of an accidental explosion on 22 September 1918 at the age of 21. Interment: D,18,5 Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 7 May 1896
- Date of death: 22 September 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company M, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Offensive Ypres-Lys, Defensive Sec-Canal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Teresa Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.