Willard Moran Upchurch was born at Forbus, Tennessee, the son of Cyrenius Raymond Gregg Upchurch and Freely Ann Crabtree. He resided at New Castle, Indiana at the time he entered the service.
Staff Sergeant Upchurch was assigned to 2nd Company, 3rd Regiment, First Special Service Force, The Devils Brigade. He was Killed in Action on 11 January 1944 while the Unit was involved in fighting in Monte Majo, Italy.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 29 March 1916
- Date of death: 11 January 1944
- County: Fentress
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 1st Special Service Force
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Davidson Cemetery, Davidson, Pickett County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willard M. Upchurch
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.