William Asberry (Willie) Loy was born 17 May 1891, Anderson County, Tennessee, and was from Heiskell, Tennessee. He was the son of George Loy and Jane Humphrey Loy. He was the brother of Lucinda Bertha Loy, Silas L. Loy, James Henderson Loy, and Nellie Estie Loy. He died of wounds received in action on October 21, 1918. He is buried in Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery in Romagne, France (Plot C, Row 12, Grave 16).
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 May 1891
- Date of death: 21 October 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Heiskell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 355th Infantry Regiment, 89th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Loy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.