Private First Class William Arby Queener of Lake City was born on June 15, 1920. He was the son of Walter and Leuvenia Queener. He was married to Anna Mary Vowel Queener.
He served in the European theater of the war.
“He also had a son, Arby Dale Queener..Both are deceased…Three sisters..Dora Fine, living in Maryville, Tn.. Bonnie Collins (deceased),Ruth Leinart (deceased) and a brother Vader Queener (deceased).
–Submitted by his daughter, Brenda Queener Bell
Buried at the Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands.
Clinton Courier News, June 7, 1945
Although the war in Europe was over for most people, Mrs. Anna Murray Queener of Lake City this month received word her husband, Pfc. William A. Queener had been killed in action in Europe on April 16. Pfc. Queener, father of two children, had served in the infantry overseas for four months. He had been in service for 10 months. The two children are Brenda Sue and Arby Dale.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 15 June 1920
- Date of death: 16 April 1945
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Queener
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.